Rotting Agave pumila pulls through

In January, I noticed that a few leaves on my prized Agave pumila in the front end yard had started to rot. The seemingly non-stop pelting inwards Jan was exactly every bit good much. (In full nosotros had over thirty inches of pelting this winter--10 inches to a greater extent than than our historic average.)

I commencement applied a fungicide inwards hopes of stopping the infection but that didn't seem to create real much. I was thiiiiiis close to removing the entire constitute but compassion got the improve of me in addition to I decided to give it 1 concluding chance. I pulled off the rotten leaves--they practically came off inwards my hands--when to my surprise I noticed a handful of babies hiding underneath. There was no means I could larn rid of the mama now!

Fast frontward 3+ months to May 24. This is what my Agave pumila looks similar now:

Mama may move one-half the constitute it used to be, but it has healed in addition to is pushing out novel leaves.



And the babies are growing too:


They're improve off staying alongside mama for a spell yet. 


This wintertime was vicious enough, which is why it's practiced to encounter a success story!


Sumber http://www.succulentsandmore.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post