Arizona 2016: Day 2: Tucson Botanical Garden, DeGrazia Gallery inwards the Sun, as well as Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum

I had a busy solar daytime today trying to brand the most of the daylight hours. My get-go halt was the Tucson Botanical Garden. It turned out it’s less than 10 minutes from the Lodge on the Desert, where I’m staying. The parking lot was well-nigh empty when I arrived at 8:45 a.m. only yesteryear the fourth dimension I left at 11:45 a.m. it was completely full. I was happy to run across that the people of Tucson (and visitors) are supporting this fantastic resource. There lead maintain been many changes since my last catch inwards 2013, including a major installation titled “Frida Kahlo: Art, Garden, Life.” I’ll lead maintain to a greater extent than details (and photos) inwards a dedicated ship or two. For now, some teasers:





I had originally planned to banking concern jibe out Plants for the Southwest plant nursery only changed my request heed at the concluding minute. It was withal overcast when I left the Tucson Botanical Garden too then I decided to teach dorsum to the DeGrazia Gallery inwards the Sun instead. It was i of my favorite places on last year’s trip only I didn’t teach the photos I wanted because of the harsh lighting. Well, every bit luck would lead maintain it, yesteryear the fourth dimension I got to the Gallery inwards the Sun, the Sun (get it?) had come upwards out too the fifty-fifty lighting was all only gone. But I was withal able to teach ameliorate photos than concluding year, I think. Plus, I was happy to revisit the chapel, which holds truthful spiritual ability (and I’m non fifty-fifty that spiritual). Here are a span of quick collages, amongst to a greater extent than to come upwards later:




After a quick refueling halt at a Trader Joe’s I happened to spot from the car, I headed to my concluding halt of the day: the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum. The concluding fourth dimension I visited, on New Year’s Day 2015, at that spot was fresh snowfall the ground. Many of the cactus were covered to protect them from the frost. Today was rattling different. It was inwards the depression 70s. I was walking or too then inwards a short-sleeved T-shirt, wishing I’d set on shorts instead of jeans. And at that spot were many (MANY!) to a greater extent than visitors. Again, I don’t request heed crowds inwards places that depend on attendance for most of their revenue. Without them, they wouldn’t live able to remain afloat.

The big word is that the Agave Garden has been torn up. It volition live completely redone, amongst a limestone mound too many novel species. For now, it’s a structure site amongst well-nigh nix to expect at. To brand upwards for this, the Cactus Garden has never looked better. Influenza A virus subtype H5N1 expert catch after all.




Tomorrow Greg Starr volition lead maintain me to the Waterman Mountains to expect for endemic agaves such every bit Agave deserti. And I’m certain I’ll walk away amongst a found or iii or 5 from his nursery.

RELATED POSTS:

Sumber http://www.succulentsandmore.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post