Wouldn't wound a fleabane

H5N1 petty fleabane inwards the garden never wound anything or anybody, together with it's expert for the pollinators.

Fleabane, Erigeron sp. is a native wildflower that but shows upwards hither together with at that topographic point inwards my garden throughout the growing season. I intend what grows inwards my garden is either Annual Fleabane, Erigeron annus or Daisy Fleabane, Erigeron strigosus.

Annual or Daisy, I rarely line it out when it shows upwards unexpectedly, fifty-fifty though it's a mutual wildflower. Some mightiness fifty-fifty telephone telephone it a weed. They tin strength out hush upwards amongst such a word.

I don't intend it hurts the garden to bring a fleck of fleabane growing up, around, together with through some of the other flowers, together with thence when I encounter it, I give thank you lot it for coming to my garden, together with larn out it be.

Well, I don't truly give thank you lot it. That would last something an eccentric gardener mightiness do. Okay, I mightiness give thank you lot it but that's betwixt me together with the fleabane.

I've don't recall always seeing fleabane for sale or together with thence here, or anywhere, but that doesn't hateful it isn't for sale someplace. But who needs to purchase what Mother Nature provides for free?

Which reminds me. I've been reading that lots of petty bees together with other pollinators overwinter inwards the hollow stems of unlike perennial flowers together with grasses, together with thence nosotros shouldn't larn all rambunctious together with ambitious near autumn garden build clean upwards together with cutting everything downwards now, lest nosotros destroy their wintertime homes.  I'm taking that advice to heart. I may take away some plants infested amongst powdery mildew. I may cutting off some seed heads of prolific self-sowers similar asters, but I'm going to larn out most of the stems standing until spring, particularly inwards my August Dreams Garden which is generally native prairie wildflowers

That volition brand saltation fourth dimension busier inwards my garden, but my overwintering garden guests volition last happier because of it. And my friend Gail, who hosts Wildflower Wednesday on her weblog at Clay together with Limestone to promote wildflowers together with pollinator friendly plants on the 4th Wed of the month, volition last pleased amongst me, too.


Sumber http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post