Agaves I brought dwelling menage from my Arizona trip

I got dorsum from my Arizona trip on New Year’s Eve, barely an hr earlier midnight. I was also tired to unpack my suitcase that night, precisely the adjacent morning time I was solely also eager to uncovering out how my agaves from Greg Starr had fared.

Agaves from Greg Starr inwards my hotel room inwards Tucson

Quick answer: non also badly.



Although my suitcase must convey been tossed some quite a chip because in that location was a lot of loose soil. Do baggage handlers at airports amuse themselves past times dropping suitcases from neat heights? Plus, in that location was a banknote from the TSA indicating that they had opened my suitcase—I bet our TomTom navigation arrangement had educate off an alert again. I don’t intend the TSA agents paid whatever attending to my plants though.


I stuffed paper some each constitute earlier wrapping it inwards bubble wrap. I as well as then packed the wrapped plants into my suitcase equally tightly equally possible as well as shoved habiliment inwards the cracks to shape a layer that wouldn't shift. The zip-up divider provided additional stability.

Bubble-wrapped plants inwards my suitcase subsequently removing all the clothing

Bubble-wrapped plants inwards the backyard, waiting to travel unpacked

And hither they are, clockwise starting at the bottom left: Agave garciae-mendozae, Agave azurea, Agave albopilosa, Agave chazaroi, and a cross betwixt a Manfreda and Agave colorata 
Agave albopilosa

The agaves from Greg are fine except for a broken foliage hither as well as there, particularly on Agave chazaroi. I repotted the 2 that had been inwards two-inch pots (Agave charazoi and Agave garciae-mendozae) as well as placed all of them on a heating mat to recover. This should give them a caput outset on living inwards Davis where it’s much colder correct instantly than inwards Tucson. Come spring, almost of them volition become inwards the ground; Agave chazaroi may travel also cold-sensitive as well as volition almost probable alive inwards a pot.

Inside on a estrus mat, together alongside a few other plants


RELATED POSTS:

Sumber http://www.succulentsandmore.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post