Succulents in addition to to a greater extent than at the Ruth Bancroft Garden

Last Saturday, later I had safely stowed my haul from the Ruth Bancroft Garden establish sale in my car, my photographic boob tube camera together with I took a leisurely stroll through the garden.

I didn't bring to larn inward for my offset photograph stop. These beauties caught my optic correct at the garden entrance:

Backlit cactus ever brand for groovy photos

Byoootiful

Agave salmiana 'Butterfingers'. It's a beast! I got ane a few years agone but it's corraled inward a pot together with hasn't grown much.

Agave parrasana 'Fireball'. The variegation is subtle, only to a greater extent than or less the leafage edges.

Inside the garden in that place are together with then many plants to see, I nonetheless experience pulled inward all directions every fourth dimension I visit. And I've been to the RBG dozens of times!

This onetime Opuntia robusta is loaded amongst fruit this year. In Mexico, the fruit is called tuna, together with it's used inward everything from drinks to candies together with jellies. Or it's eaten raw. It tin hold upward sweetness or tart, depending on the species together with score of ripeness.


Mangave sending out a massive bloom stalk

Yucca treculeana (my guess)

Agave ovatifolia

Another Agave ovatifolia. They're all over the garden together with volition alone operate spectacular over time.

Agave cerulata

Agave franzosinii beingness irrigated

Yucca 'Bright Star' together with Agave ovatifolia

An adolescent Queensland bottle tree (Brachychiton rupestris)

Agave mitis in the foreground. The bloom stalks behind it are from Agave bracteosa.

I honey the multiple layers of colouring together with texture here

A relatively latterly planted palo verde provides a flake of protection for these agaves

Agave parrasana (front) together with Aloe tomentosa (back)

Agave parrasana (or a parrasana hybrid) sending upward an impressive bloom stalk

More beauties inward the expanse I telephone phone "Agaveland"

This jelly palm (Butia capitata) is ripe amongst fruit

Grevillea ‘Kings Fire’. Planted only terminal year, it's had flowers every fourth dimension I've visited this year.

Grevillea ‘Kings Fire’ flower

Grevillea ‘Kings Fire’ amongst Agave ovatifolia inward the background

Eremophila nivea from western Australia. I must bring one!

Agave ovatifolia inward the foreground, amongst palo blanco (Mariosousa willardiana) behind it

Palo blanco (Mariosousa willardiana), an acacia native to northwestern Mexico. I honey the peeling bark.

Leucadendron 'Ebony'. Every unmarried specimen at the RBG looks meliorate than the straggly picayune matter I have.

Variegated (and non-variegated) Agave attenuata

Fan aloe (Kumara plicatilis). Will my 2 plants ever volume upward similar that?

Brunsvigia josephinae, or candelabra lily, is a bulb inward the amaryllis household unit of measurement native to South Africa. I've never caught it at its peak. It looks similar I missed it yesteryear a calendar week or two.


Sumber http://www.succulentsandmore.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post