The Great Tomato Question: Seeds or Plants?

A 'German Johnson' tomato plant well-nigh cook to pick
Now is the fourth dimension to reply The Great Tomato Question.

Should I showtime my tomato plant plants from seeds or purchase tomato plant plants at the garden center?

I've done both.

If I showtime my tomato plant plants from seeds, the footing is my oyster, or rather my tomato. With merely a few clicks on the Internet I tin lodge seeds for the exact varieties of tomatoes I desire to grow.

I tin grow onetime favorites, similar 'German Johnson'.  I tin grow heirloom tomatoes. I tin grow the newest hybrid tomatoes. I tin grow ruby-red tomatoes in addition to orangish tomatoes in addition to pinkish tomatoes in addition to fifty-fifty dark-green tomatoes.  There is no limit, other than the size of my garden, on the diversity of tomatoes I tin grow if I showtime my tomato plant plants from seeds.

And every bit far every bit seed starting goes, tomato plant seeds are pretty darn slowly to sow, germinate readily, in addition to to a greater extent than ofttimes than non grow good indoors every bit long every bit you lot render them alongside a lot of light.

Of course, the tomato plant seedlings create demand a fighting of help through the process.  You bring to H2O them, in addition to brand certain to give them a niggling fighting of fertilizer, in addition to peradventure fifty-fifty pot them upwardly to bigger pots earlier it's fourth dimension to found them out inwards the garden.

But did I yell you lot tin uncovering all kinds of amazing tomato plant varieties to purchase seeds for online?

On the other hand, if I don't showtime my tomato plant plants from seeds, I bring to purchase tomato plant plants at the local greenhouse or garden centers.  And I bring to settle for whatever varieties they bring available.  Most years, that's okay, every bit long every bit I tin uncovering a rootage for my love 'German Johnson' tomato.

Last year, I sort of had the best of both worlds.  The owners of the local greenhouse grew a few 'German Johnson' tomato plant plants merely for me.  Wasn't that overnice of them?  I'm certain if I asked nicely, they'd create it again.

But I create similar to showtime my tomatoes from seeds.  And in that place are in addition to hence many varieties I desire to try. And I bring the shelves in addition to the lights in addition to the flats in addition to the soil.  I merely demand the seeds.

I justice I bring my reply to The Great Tomato Question.

What's your answer?
Sumber http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post