The Summer of Zinnias

This zinnia got the ball rolling,
Every year, it seems similar a item flower, perhaps i I've grown for decades, captures my imagination.

In my gardening past, in that place was the summertime of daylilies, when I acquired all kinds of daylilies.

There was the summertime of sunflowers when I sowed seeds for every sunflower diverseness I could find.

And in addition to hence in that place was a summertime decades agone when I tried to grow every sort of slow to dry out flower, similar gomphrena in addition to strawflower,  I could find.

I toyed briefly amongst gladiolus, went through a brief matter amongst all those dissimilar colors of coneflowers, in addition to of course, in that place were those violets grown from seed.

Anyway, this summertime my bloom matter is amongst zinnias.  It's the SZummer of Zinnias.

Four packets of zinnias was all it took, along amongst what seems to last the ideal growing weather condition this summer. And yesteryear ideal I hateful virtually no Japanese beetles conduct maintain attacked the zinnias in addition to I conduct maintain nonetheless to come across whatever powdery mildew on whatever of them.

The zinnias actually are on their best behavior.

Sure, it's a summertime romance. It volition solely final until frost. But betwixt in addition to hence in addition to now, in that place are plenty of weeks to bask the zinnias.

Hot pinkish does good on zinnias.

They are every bit tall every bit the okra behind them.

I'd never seen such a bicolor.

They are also pretty earlier they are fully open.

White pom-pom anyone?

The candystripe version.

And cactus type flowers, too.

Plain or fancy?

The bees honey them, too.

Clashing colors? Not on zinnias!

Even "red" looks expert on a zinnia.

Just plenty petal to attract a bee.

Orange y'all glad I showed y'all all the zinnias?
The 4 packets of seeds were:

'Fireball Blend' in addition to 'Northern Lighs Blend' from Botanical Interests (purchased)

and

'Granny's Bouquet'  and 'Cool Crayon Colors' from Renee's Garden (sent to me to try).

In belatedly May, I roughed upward the dry reason a bit, sowed the seeds, in addition to covered them lightly. When the seedlings came up, I  thinned them to close half dozen inches apart, plow over or take, to plow over them a footling room.  They are all growing inward total sun.

I never sentiment to label the zinnias when I planted them throughout the veg garden, hence I could jurist which bloom came from which collection, but it would only last a guess.

My excogitation for adjacent year? I'm going to purchase to a greater extent than varieties of zinnias in addition to sow them again.

Will they last only every bit expert adjacent year?

There is solely i agency to notice out.  The SZummer of Zinnias Part II, taking house inward my garden inward 2017.
Sumber http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post