Camellias too Conversation

Camellia 'Snow Flurry'
I am convinced for sure plants inwards my garden create all they tin to avoid blooming on the 15th of the calendar month when I host Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day.

Perhaps they are shy? Don't similar to live photographed as well as publicized? Or perchance they wanted a postal service of their own?

My camellia 'Snow Flurry' was inwards total blossom the twenty-four hours after blossom day. I had to demo it inwards bud for blossom day. Then the adjacent day, which is today, the petals were all shattered as well as scattered on the ground.

So much for the big show.  Southern gardeners would cry for as well as express joy if they saw the size of the found this 1 blossom is on. You see, after xviii months inwards the ground, plough over or take, it is actually simply 1 stem. One stem, perchance 12 inches tall. No branching, yet.

The other camellia that survived concluding winter, 'April Remembered' is a much to a greater extent than impressive found when compared to 'Snow Flurry'. Though compared to what it powerfulness expect similar if it was growing inwards the south, it's non something I desire to demo equally good much on my blog.  Just unopen ups.

Lest yous all intend I stimulate got lost my hear coddling these camellias inwards the Garden of Southern Follies as well as Delights, did I advert the other plants that I've added?

Did I advert I added iii crape myrtles before this summertime as well as thence planted out ii gardenias that I got equally lawsuit plants at the GWA conference? And did I mentioned I planted crinums? And I stimulate got iii to a greater extent than camellias from the GWA conference inwards piddling pots that I actually should larn planted presently thence they at to the lowest degree stimulate got a chance.

If I mentioned them, I apologize for beingness redundant.

It's been thence warm lately that fifty-fifty I'm starting to intend I'm gardening inwards the S now. Today, the warm breeze was simply freaky to this Midwestern gardener. At this cry for inwards the gardening year, I should live wearing long-sleeve shirts as well as shivering a chip equally I frantically run to a greater extent than or less the garden preparing for winter.

Instead, today I wore shorts as well as a t-shirt as well as spent some fourth dimension simply sitting inwards the garden looking at the bluish sky, feeling the warm breeze, as well as thinking that Mother Nature is tricking me into complacency when it comes to autumn construct clean up.

And I'm allowing myself to live tricked.

But at black when I lay my caput downwardly on my pillow I vow that tomorrow volition live different. I volition deed similar it is the afterwards one-half of Oct as well as larn on alongside garden construct clean up. I volition weed, found trees as well as shrubs, found bulbs, rake leaves.  I volition deed similar it is fall, fifty-fifty though it feels similar summer.

Well, it form of feels similar summer, except for the Sun getting upward afterwards each morning, which I honor myself doing too. And the Sun is setting before each evening.

At to the lowest degree I am non falling for the early on sunset trick! I'm staying upward by sunset.  I stimulate got that going for me.

Now, don't permit me come upward dorsum hither as well as postal service anything else until I've weeded that vegetable garden as well as the Garden of Southern Follies as well as Delights, too.


Sumber http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post