Enga: Enemy of the Garden

The other day, I had a closed upward come across amongst Enga, brusk for ENemy of the GArden.

Enga a fatty squirrel who hangs out around the plane feeders, trying to bag the peanuts I've been putting out for the bluish jays.

The bluish jays honey the peanuts. At times I've counted half-dozen or to a greater extent than bluish jays hanging around the crabapple tree, waiting for their adventure to larn a peanut from the peanut wreath.

Then I saw Enga climb downwards to the wreath in addition to choose handle of a peanut for herself. One day, she truly knocked the peanut wreath to the ground. I'm certain she thence proceeded to gorge herself on peanuts because when I constitute the wreath, it was empty.

And she is fat.

I did the alone thing I could create afterwards that happened. I used 2 wire hooks to lower the wreath fifty-fifty farther from the branch it hangs on. Now to larn to it, Fat Enga has to carefully, gingerly climb downwards around 2 feet of a skinny wire hook...

Which I watched her create a few times.

Finally, fed up, I threw a few peanuts on the nearby porch. I told myself they were for the bluish jays, merely I approximate I secretly hoped Enga would consider them in addition to swallow those instead of messing amongst the peanut wreath.

Then I watched every bit the bluish jays took all those peanuts, 1 past times one, inward what seemed similar a affair of minutes.

Enga is right away on her own.

Or is she? I've seen a squirrel devouring the sunflower seeds I lay inward the dorsum garden feeders. Could it last 1 in addition to the same fatty squirrel? I don't require heed if Enga eats from those feeders every bit I to a greater extent than oft than non lookout the birds inward the forepart garden, where the adept seed is.

The adept seed has attracted cardinals, finches, chicadees, bluish jays, woodpeckers, in addition to at to the lowest degree 1 bluebird that I know of. Plus a few grackles in addition to a mourning pigeon or two. It's been fun watching all these birds out the window every bit I sit down at my desk in addition to locomote on whatever it is I am working on. Some days an article, or thence days my book, or thence days mindless social media, in addition to shortly or thence presentations for upcoming speaking opportunities.

I tin await upward from whatever is on my covert at whatever anytime in addition to consider at to the lowest degree a few birds, in addition to occasionally Enga.

I promise Enga is the alone squirrel hanging around my garden. And I promise she stays inward the dorsum garden where at that spot are 2 feeders total of sunflower seeds. Hopefully, she's eating that seed in addition to has stopped earthworks upward crocus corms.

Time in addition to jump volition tell.



Sumber http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post