Love, Your Happy Gardening Camper

Mid-July

Dear Mom too Dad,

Our army camp counselor told us that nosotros should write dwelling from Camp Garden-A-Lot therefore that is what I am doing.

I'm non certain how y'all chose this place, but y'all should know that nosotros own got taken to calling it other names similar Not-Weeded-Much on work concern human relationship of the weeds all over the place.

Some of the campers similar to telephone telephone it "Moles-In-Control" because it seems similar all summertime at that topographic point has been a mole running to a greater extent than or less hither too no i seems to live on able to trap it.

Finally, I took matters into my ain hands too pose some toxicant worms inward i of the active mole runs too re-set the trap there, too. At to the lowest degree I intend it is an active run. We'll see. If I cease upwards killing the mole past times either trapping it or poisoning it, I bet I larn to live on Camp Garden-A-Lot Camper of the Week.

Of course, Camper of the Week doesn't hateful much except I intend I larn some variety of trophy. I simply hope it isn't the dead mole stuffed too mounted on a board.  By the way, if y'all know of some other means to kill that mole off dead, delight write dorsum too tell me.

Sometimes nosotros telephone telephone this army camp "Raining-Again" because it seems similar it rains a lot here. The other twenty-four lx minutes menses it rained all twenty-four lx minutes menses too nosotros campers had to rest indoors. You would own got idea nosotros would own got done something useful alongside our time, similar sort constitute labels or brand something alongside all the zucchini mash nosotros picked, but nosotros to a greater extent than oftentimes than non simply sat to a greater extent than or less too looked out the window too read a bit.

Speaking of squash, nosotros certain produce consume practiced at Camp Garden-A-Lot, every bit long every bit nosotros are willing to selection our food. Tomatoes, light-green beans, cucumbers, squash, onions, kale, eggplant, Swiss chard... it's all at that topographic point for us to selection too consume to our stomach's content.  Oh too peppers. There are lots of both hot too mild peppers.

Pretty shortly at that topographic point powerfulness live on a few ears of corn, too. The counselors promised nosotros would produce something special when the corn was ready to pick. I hope past times special, they don't hateful scout the raccoons consume it. We did that i twelvemonth too that is non nearly every bit fun every bit eating the sweetness corn ourselves.

Our counselor said that tomorrow is going to live on hot therefore nosotros campers are getting upwards early, nearly sunrise, therefore nosotros tin toilet selection light-green beans too mayhap genuinely weed a combat earlier it gets also hot. Yes, I volition live on certain to pose on extra suntan lotion.

What else is going on at this gardening camp?

Well, non much, truthfully.

At nighttime nosotros similar to scout the fireflies lighting upwards the garden. They tell if y'all expect straight at a firefly's light, simply past times it you will run into a garden fairy. I've been trying it every nighttime but haven't seen a garden fairy yet. I did, however, experience a tickle on my toe afterward I went to bed. I hope that was a garden fairy too non a spider.

Oh, too I almost forgot. I own got special responsibilities to fill upwards the plane feeders hither too allow me tell you, I own got to fill upwards them every day, peculiarly the peanut feeder. If I don't those big ol' bluejays give me the stink optic until I do. Trust me, y'all don't desire to larn on the incorrect side of bluejays.

It sounds similar I don't similar Camp Garden-A-Lot but honestly, I produce similar it. I similar it quite a lot fifty-fifty when the solely recreational activeness is mowing the lawn. That certain is fun, peculiarly when it is hot out.    Which reminds me. Can y'all mail me a novel string trimmer? The i hither keeps jamming too non letting out novel string therefore I had to halt trimming. I simply mow now. But it would live on nicer if I could also cut down too it powerfulness larn me some other camper accolade if I did.

Well, the army camp counselor has reminded us in i trial again that nosotros are getting upwards early, early, early on to shell the rut therefore I meliorate unopen this letter. Besides, I desire to complete reading a majority I'm reading nearly plants too pollinators. No, it is non that risque', I promise.

Write when y'all tin toilet too delight mail some build clean light-green t-shirts. All this rut is causing me to travail through the ones I brought with me.

Love,
Your favorite garden camper,
Carol

P.S. They telephone telephone that blossom I included a film of "cup flower". Water collects inward the foliage axils too animals quaff that water, I guess.

P.S.S. Don't selection me upwards until afterward the killing frost. I intend I'm paid upwards until too then too I'm having a practiced time.  XO





Sumber http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post