Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day - September 2017

Welcome to Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day for September 2017.

As I almost e'er produce before starting my bloom solar daytime post, I looked dorsum at my post service for the same calendar month finally year.  Guess what I constitute when I did that this month?

Pretty much the same flowers blooming today, amongst the improver of a few novel flowers I've latterly planted.  I don't mind. I similar the predictability of the garden, of knowing what's going to move blooming at whatever given time.

I similar to think that if you lot blindfolded me, whisked me away for an undetermined expose of days, too and thus brought me dorsum to my garden, I could say you lot inside a solar daytime or 2 what the engagement was inwards my USDA Hardiness Zone 6a garden hither inwards fundamental Indiana only past times looking at the flowers.

I'd await nether the serviceberry trees too equally presently equally I saw the colchicums, pictured above, I would at to the lowest degree know it is September.

Then I'd await at the asters, only starting to bloom too know it was mid-September.
You larn the idea.

The predictability, the sameness of the garden offers comfort at times similar these when thus many gardeners are faced amongst cleaning upward or clearing out their gardens later on a fierce hurricane or wicked wood fire.

Here inwards my garden, 1 of those hurricanes, Irma, is instantly only a whimper of drizzle too thus the blooms continue.

Here's a quick await through the garden, inwards no item order.

I dearest the pinkish blooms of the hardy begonia, Begonia grandis. And I similar how it is self-sowing a bit.


You actually can't stimulate got a autumn garden amongst out around tall sedums. They renamed this flora to Hylotelephium sp. I'm all the same going to telephone band them Sedums.

It takes all summertime to recollect why I hold the variegated liriope inwards the garden. Love the flowers.

Of course of written report autumn inwards the garden agency goldenrod. This item 1 is Short's Goldenrod, Solidago shortii 'Solar Cascade', introduced past times the horticulturists at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden. They discovered it inwards the wild later on it was given upward for extinct.

I similar how the Boltonia doesn't shroud likewise much of the sculpture when it's inwards bloom.

Mums. You bet. I don't shun them. I stimulate got them scattered hither too at that topographic point inwards the garden, though sometimes they are difficult to photograph. The greenish comes out weird.

Out inwards the Vegetable Garden Cathedral, the alyssum I planted way dorsum inwards early on March is all the same going strong, too is inwards fact blooming to a greater extent than than ever later on resting during the hottest days of the summer.

The marigolds e'er stimulate got longer to start blooming than I think they should, but they brand upward for their tardily start amongst a fine autumn showing.

The zinnias are happening still. They've been blooming for months.

I similar how the Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight' blooms plow pinkish inwards the fall.

These hostas are a overnice bloom to run across inwards the fall. Variety? I'm non certain but they mightiness only move patently ol' plantain lilies.

Out inwards the front end garden, I'm glad I planted Geranium 'Rozanne' before this spring.  They've been bloom ever since I did.

And finally, a hint of bluish on a cloudy solar daytime from the difficult for me to recollect e'er stimulate got to await it upward leadwort, Ceratostigma plumbaginoides.

And that's a quick walk/run through my garden inwards mid-September.

What's blooming inwards your garden on the 15th of the month? We would dearest to stimulate got you lot bring together inwards for Garden Bloggers' Bloom Day too exhibit us, whether it is your initiative of all fourth dimension or your 128th time, which is how many posts I think you've done if you've joined inwards since the beginning, way dorsum when.

It's slow to participate. Just post service on your weblog almost what's blooming inwards your garden too and thus come upward dorsum hither too pose a link inwards the Mr. Linky widget too function out a comment to say us what you lot stimulate got for us to see.

And remember...

"We tin lav stimulate got flowers nearly every calendar month of the year." Elizabeth Lawrence



Sumber http://www.maydreamsgardens.com/
Post a Comment (0)
Previous Post Next Post